3 Month Tithe Challenge
Click here to register for the Challenge!
Cindy’s challenge story!
The 3 Month Tithe Challenge is an opportunity for you to test the generosity of God. In Malachi God challenges His people to test him and see if he will not bless them if they will trust Him with their money.
“‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,’ says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, ‘I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!'”
The word ‘tithe’ is derived from the Hebrew word ma’aser and it literally means a tenth.
Under the New Testament covenant we are not required to give the tithe. But under grace, and in the power of the Holy Spirit, Jesus always challenged us to live lives more fully devoted to God than we would under the Law.
Here is one of the many things that Jesus said about money:
“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.”
We consider a tithe (10%) to be the training wheels for Christians in learning to give extravagantly and transfer our wealth from earth to heaven. The tithe is not the end game but a giving reference point that has been taught throughout biblical history from which we can begin (or, renew!) our giving journey.
At the same time we know that giving away 10% of your income can be a big – and often frightening – commitment! That’s why we created the 3 Month Tithe Challenge: a money-back guarantee of sorts.
We commit to you that if you tithe for three months and God doesn’t hold true to His promises of blessing, we will refund 100% of your tithe.
No questions asked.
God doesn’t need our money. He owns everything. But we give back to God to express our trust in Him and so that we can further experience all that He has for us in this life!
How to Start:
Read the terms and complete the registration form. Your three months will begin according to the challenge date on your registration form.
Terms of 3 Month Tithe Challenge
Please review these terms before signing up.
- I understand this form must be completed and received by Experience Life Church prior to the beginning of the 3 Month Tithe Challenge period.
- I understand any request for refund must be received by the CFO within 30 days of the end of the 3 Month Tithe Challenge period.
- I understand if paid at the physical Experience Life Campus, my tithe must be paid by check, so that my tithe can be properly credited.
- I understand I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of the 3 Month Tithe Challenge period, and that I cannot seek a refund for any contributions made prior to the beginning of the 3 Month Tithe Challenge period.
- I understand I must log-in prior to paying my tithe online, so that my tithe can be properly credited.
- I would like to test God’s faithfulness by accepting the 3 Month Tithe Challenge. I agree that for the three-month period, my household will contribute to God, through Experience Life Church a tithe equal to 10% of our income. At the end of the three-month period, if I am not convinced of God’s faithfulness to bless my life as a result of my obedience to His Word, then I will be entitled to request a refund of the full amount of contributions made during this 90-day period.