“It is more blessed to give than to receive.” (Acts 20:35)
Ways To Give
You can give a one time or recurring gift by credit card or by e-check (drafted from your bank account).
You can put cash or checks in the Giving Boxes on the weekends or mail checks to eLife at this address:
PO Box 54208
Lubbock, TX 79453
You can set up a recurring draft to eLife through your bank which is normally a free service.
Giving begins with realizing that God has given us everything we have. And as Christ Followers we believe that we have a responsibility to manage ALL of our resources with faithfulness and generosity.
“Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce. Then he will fill your barns with grain, and your vats will overflow with good wine.” –Proverbs 3:9-10
Throughout scripture, we are reminded of the importance of giving back a portion of what God has so generously provided. His Word tells us that giving is an act of worship that should be done with a spirit of thanksgiving.
Where The Money Goes
From the 2014 Annual Report.
3 Month Tithe Challenge
Our “no risk” commitment to help you get started tithing.
“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse that there may be food in my house.” -Malachi 3:10-11
The ‘storehouse’ is the Old Testament picture of the New Testament church. So as New Testament believers, we worship the Lord with the tithe; or the ten percent. But giving away 10% of your income can be a big–and often frightening–commitment! That’s why we created the Three-Month Tithe Challenge: a money-back guarantee of sorts. Essentially, it’s a contract based on the promises of God in Malachi 3:10-11. We commit to you that if you tithe for three months and God doesn’t hold true to His promises of blessings, we will refund 100% of your tithe. No questions asked. God doesn’t need our money. He owns everything. But we give first because it takes faith to give first and God wants us to trust Him. We give first and the blessings of God follow.
How to Start:
Read the terms and complete the registration form. Your three months will begin according to the challenge start date on your registration form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I give using my credit card?
Although we are able to take credit cards, eLife encourages you to live a debt-free lifestyle. If you use a credit card, we ask you to exercise integrity and only give to the church if you have cash in your bank account to cover your donation.
What kinds of fees are associated with gifts that I make to eLife?
There are no fees associated with any cash or checks that you give directly to eLife through the Giving Boxes on the weekends or mail to eLife. There are also no fees associated with Drafts that you directly initiate through your bank.
There are fees associated with the other methods of giving:
Kiosk Credit Card – 3.0% plus $.15 per transaction
Kiosk Debit Card – 1.60% plus $.15 per transaction
Online Credit Card – 2.65% plus $.35 per transaction
Online Debit Card – 2.15% plus $.35 per transaction
Online Echeck – $.85 per transaction
Here is what the fees are on a $200 and $1,000 gift:
Checks/Cash $0 $0
Kiosk Credit Card $6.15 $30.15
Kiosk Debit Card $3.35 $16.15
Online Credit Card $5.65 $26.85
Online Debit Card $4.65 $21.85
Online Echeck $.85 $.85
Bank Draft $0 $0
PLEASE NOTE: The above fees are not paid by the giver, but rather are charged to eLife. Thanks for considering giving in ways that minimize fees.
What accountability is there for eLife Finances?
The Experience Life finances are maintained by the eLife Finance Department and overseen by the eLife CFO. The CFO in turn reports to a Financial Team (FT) made up of 5 individuals who are all eLife members. The FT meets and reviews the Financial Statements on a monthly basis. The eLife financial statements are audited on a yearly basis by an outside public accounting firm. You can see the most recent audit here.
Experience Life is ECFA certified. The Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability accreditation is based on ECFA’s Seven Standards of Responsible Stewardship including financial accountability, transparency, sound board governance and ethical fundraising.
Three-Month Tithe Challenge
Please review these terms before signing up.
- I understand this form must be completed and received by Experience Life Church prior to the beginning of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period.
- I understand any request for refund must be received by the CFO within 30 days of the end of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period.
- I understand if paid at the physical Experience Life Campus, my tithe must be paid by check, so that my tithe can be properly credited.
- I understand I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period, and that I cannot seek a refund for any contributions made prior to the beginning of the Three-Month Tithe Challenge Period.
- I understand I must log in prior to paying my tithe online, so that my tithe can be properly credited.
- I would like to test God’s faithfulness by accepting the Three-Month Tithe Challenge. I agree that for the three-month period, my household will contribute to God, through Experience Life Church, a tithe equal to 10% of our income. At the end of the three-month period, if I am not convinced of God’s faithfulness to bless my life as a result of my obedience to His Word, then I will be entitled to request a refund of the full amount of contributions made during that 90-day period.